Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merriest Christmas *2010*

We woke on Christmas morning to find that he really had come...Santa brought the two things that Cole had been asking for on repeat; "Stinky, the Garbage Truck" and a "race track" (a present that Derek had been waiting years to share with Cole, a slot-car track).

There truly is nothing better than Christmas with a child. 
Completely magical.
After we opened gifts, Na & G, Jayjay, and Gigi joined us for brunch.  This is a tradition that I stole from Sheryl because I love it so. 
I cooked my heart out the day before to fill everyone's bellies.   
Cole loved having company to help him break in all of our new toys.  He got a little emotional when everyone left.  I am sure this had nothing to do with the massive amounts of sugar he had consumed within the past 48 hours.

I think Derek said it best when he said that this was the best and saddest Christmas he's had. 
We missed Oma and thought about her so much. Opa kindly gave me a beautiful necklace and favorite ring of Oma's.  We all shed some tears when he gave this to me but then quickly returned to joy watching Cole enjoy the magic of Christmas.  We feel like Oma was with us and enjoyed every second of watching Cole with all of his goodies.
On the other hand, we have always wanted a relaxing Christmas at home.  The joy of being at home and watching Cole enjoy Christmas to the fullest made this the best Christmas of my life.  We are so happy that Opa got to spend a few days here.  It made it even better to have him here. 
I am recovering from the holiday, feeling so happy and full of love.  I can't wait to do it again next year....with a new addition to the Crew! 

No comments:

Post a Comment